Imagine your walls being covered with specks of brown and black, with tiny spots sprinkled throughout the surface. Finding these imprints on your walls is a clear-cut sign of a black mold infestation. In such cases, reaching out to a professional for help is imperative. No matter how easy it might look to remove, getting rid of black mold can be extremely dangerous to your health.
What Is Black Mold?
Known for its discoloration and musky odor, black mold is a hazardous fungus that grows in moist and humid conditions. But that’s not all; the worst part about it is the severe health repercussions it can lead to.
According to research, black mold has been linked to various health problems, including respiratory issues, allergies, and even neurological problems. This is why it is essential to take action as soon as it is identified.
Signs Of ABlack Mold Infestation
Having a fungal infestation take root in your house, one that tends to grow over time can be extremely disruptive. However, to take the right step, you need to be able to identify the problem. With black mold, though, there is no subtlety. You don’t have to sit around and wonder what the mold would look like. Instead, you can take a look at the following signs in order to identify a black mold infestation:
- A weird, musky stench coming from the walls.
- Recent water leak or broken pipe incident.
- Dark brown, green, or black splotches on the wall.
- Spores with a fuzzy texture.
- Allergy symptoms getting worse indoors.
Should Black Mold Be Professionally Removed?
It may not seem like black mold is all that threatening, but the effect it has on your health is terrible. Not to mention, incorrectly scraping off mold can sometimes worsen the situation. The spores, when disturbed, can branch out to other areas and sporadically grow all over the place.
However, a professional mold remediation company can help avoid such instances. Mold removal experts are equipped with the proper tools and utensils needed to remove the fungus from its roots. Thus, it is best to consider professional help to prevent further damage and contamination.
The Importance Of Proper Removal
It can be pretty tempting to grab a wet rag and some disinfectant and get to work on the mold-covered surface. But with black mold, DIY projects can do more harm than good. Removing the mold yourself should only be done if the infested area covers less than 10 square feet. However, that, too, should be avoided at all costs in case of black mold.
No matter how thorough you are with the cleaning process, the bacteria and fungus residing inside the walls are quick to spread. Only an expert can make sure the infestation doesn’t get worse.
Plus, living in a mold-contaminated area can be a huge health risk if you have a weakened immune system. It is best to get rid of the mold as soon as you possibly can.
Don’t Take The Risk Yourself!
If you’ve located an area in your house infested with black mold, don’t wait! Depending on the situation and humid conditions, the problem could worsen. In any such case, contact Air Quality Experts at (346) 803-2982 to schedule professional mold remediation.