Lying in your bed during the hot and oppressive summers in Sugarland, TX, might make you sweat bullets. No one likes dealing with heat, blemishes, harsh sunlight, and sweat. And, on top of that, a faulty AC unit can make things ten times worse. However, you might be confused if your AC only needs repair or a replacement. But first, how much does an AC replacement cost? Carry on reading to learn all the important information.
Signs That Your AC Needs Replacement
You might be wondering when it is time to replace your AC unit. Perhaps, the problems just call for a repair. Usually, an AC needs to be replaced if it’s old and you live in a hot area. These are some signs that you might need to replace your AC:
- Airflow Problems: If your AC is not blowing cold air or has reduced airflow, it is a definite sign of something wrong with the system. The piping or ductwork might be clogged. Your AC will need a repair job or replacement if the problem is bad.
- Moisture Build-up: If AC has moisture build-up or leakage around it, the system might underperform. Moreover, it risks mold growth.
- Strange Sounds: Grinding, squeaking, or chattering noises from the system could indicate that it is growing old and you need to replace your AC.
- Weird Smells: The air blowing from the AC should have a neutralized or clean odor. A smoky, burning, musty, or any other foul smell could mean your AC needs to be replaced.
- High Power Bills: High energy bills could be a sign that your AC is overworking to perform its job. Get it checked to see if you should replace it.
Factors to Consider Before You Replace Your AC
- Before you replace the cooling system, here are some factors to consider:
The lifespan of your system. On average, it is 15-20 years, but for warmer areas, it is 10-12 as the AC is used frequently.
- If the cost of repair is around $5000. Or if it costs 50% more than the replacement charges. In these cases, it is better to switch to a new AC.
- Get an AC with the acceptable Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio or SEER. If the SEER of your current system has refused, it’s time to get a new one.
- You should switch your air conditioner if it still runs on Freon; go for Puron instead.
- If your inside and outside the system are mismatched, you should get a replacement.
- If you’re planning to sell the property, a new HVAC system might help raise the price. At the same time, you can save the investment for your new place instead.
What is the AC Replacement Cost in Sugarland, TX?
AC replacement costs can vary based on where you live. On average, the AC replacement cost is between $2000 to $10,000. In Sugarland, the general price is somewhere between $1,787.00 and $8,936.00. You may have to pay more or less, depending on other factors. For instance, the unit size can also be a deciding factor for the amount.
What Should I Do?
You might need AC replacement if the system is causing issues, and the cost depends on some factors, like your location. If your AC is showing problems, contact Air Quality Experts TX for AC replacement in Sugarland and more help. You can reach us at (346) 803-2982.